CONDITIONS OF LET
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit you are entering
into a contract between you the visitor and Thornton’s Holt. Please read the following conditions of let carefully and ask for an explanantion of any point that may be unclear to you.
- The letting period runs from 15.30 hours on the day of arrival to 10.00
hours on the day of departure.
- A confirmed booking will be made on the receipt of a completed booking form
and deposit to the value of 25% of the total rental due. The visitor is the liable for payment of the balance of the total sum due. The remainder of the balance should be sent to
Thornton’s Holt four weeks prior to arrival.
- In the event of a cancellation, payments will be refunded only if
Thornton’s Holt subsquently re-lets the cancelled period. The sum of £20 will be retained from the refunded deposit to cover administrative costs. The visitor is responsible for the arrangment of
appropriate holiday cancellation insurance and, for the avoidance of any doubt, Thornton’s Holt provides no such insurance as part of the contract.
- Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accomodation.
Subletting or assignation of the let is strictly prohibited.
- The person who signs the booking form will be responsible for ensuring that
the conditions of let are adhered to, for any loss or damage to the accomodation and the contents, given fair wear and tear, however caused during the rental period.
- The accomodation should be kept in clean and in good condition and any
breakages reported immediately. If excessively cleaning is required an additional charge of £25 will be levied.
- Personal property of visitors occupying accomodation is not the
responsibility of Thorntons holt. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- If for any reason the accomodation is not available to you on the dates
booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, Thorntons Holt will take reasonable steps to find alternative accomodation. If suitable accomodation is not available then all sums paid by the
vistor will be refunded. Thorntons Holt will have no further liability to the visitor or to any other party.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accomodation to anyone who,
in our opinion is not suitable to take charge of the property – in any such case all monies shall be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to
terminate the contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests at
Thornton’s Holt. In such a case any refund would be entirely at the discretion of Thornton’s Holt.
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property is to be occupied by
Holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that
no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accomodation for the agreed period only.